The Nghiem Lab has been awarded an RC2 Grand Opportunity “GO” grant for $1M entitled: “Targeting MCPyV to Overcome Immune Evasion in Merkel Cell Carcinoma”. This award will allow us to greatly expand our MCC resources in collaboration with Dr. Maryam Asgari at Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Dr. Cassian Yee at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC) and Dr. David Koelle at University of Washington/FHCRC. We will explore the immune response against the Merkel polyomavirus in patients and in controls with a goal of developing novel immune-based therapeutics..
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
January 23, 2024
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- TRICK-MCC (Triple Immune Checkpoint Inhibition in MCC)