The Advancements department at Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center produced a video that focuses on recent progress in ‘skin cancer’ (though MCC is not specifically mentioned, as it is meant to reflect cancer research more broadly).
Kelly Paulson (who did her PhD on Merkel cell carcinoma at UW) is the star of this remarkable 7 minute video.
It features Monica, the wife of Gregg Schimmel, our MCC patient for nearly a decade who was enrolled on about 8 clinical trials over the years.
The progress is exciting and real! Click to view the video.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 14, 2022
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial