The first-ever therapeutic vaccine trial for Merkel cell carcinoma is set to start in April 2022, based in Seattle. This will be a small trial in only eight patients to initially check safety and whether the immune response targeting the Merkel cell polyomavirus is indeed increased in these patients. The trial is only designed for patients whose Merkel cell carcinoma was caused by the Merkel cell polyomavirus.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 21, 2023
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial