Dr. Mac Cheever was a true pioneer in immune therapy for cancer. His efforts have helped many patients with cancer, but particularly those with Merkel cell carcinoma, helping to lead to the approval of anti-PD1 for MCC. This tribute to his life details why he believed that immune therapy for cancer would be important, decades before that was proven to be the case. We deeply miss him, his sage advice, and support for developing new approaches to target cancer using the immune system.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 21, 2023
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial