This is a presentation given by Paul Ngheim to University of Washington’s Department of Immunology. It is a scientific, detailed summary of how our understanding of the role of the immune system in Merkel cell carcinoma has developed over the past decade. It highlights how our current immune therapies came about and several areas of current immunology research that we hope could lead to improved therapies in the not-too-distant future.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 21, 2023
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial