On March 22, 2023, the Food and Drug Administration granted accelerated approval to retifanlimab-dlwr (Zynyz, Incyte Corporation) for adult patients with metastatic or recurrent locally advanced Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC). This agent joins avelumab and pembrolizumab as approved therapies for MCC. It targets PD1 and is dosed once per four weeks. Dr. Shailender Bhatia is senior author on the study that was presented at the SITC meeting in 2021, but has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 21, 2023
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial